“Delivering definitive identification with resistance markers can aid the clinician’s decision on more targeted antimicrobial therapy sooner than conventional methods.”
Maria Malloy, Surveillance Scientist, National HCAI and AMR Response Team, Galway University Hospital, Ireland
“ePlex Panels have significantly changed the way we deal with blood cultures. The medical laboratory scientists are happy with its ease of use and hands-on time per test, and we can provide clinicians more detailed information much sooner – within a couple hours of a positive blood culture, rather than days.”
Dr. Cathal Collins, Cavan General Hospital, Ireland
- Johns Hopkins University of Medicine Coronavirus Resource Center https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
- Pfaller MA, et al.(2007) Clin Micro Rev 20(1):133-63
- Makary, M. et. al. (2021) MedPage Today, https://www.medpagetoday.com/blogs/marty-makary/90795
- IDSA: Better Tests Better Care, The Promise of Next Generation Diagnostics.
- Kumar, et al. (2006) Crit Care Med. 34 (6):1589-1596
- Singh, N. (2001) Clin Infect Dis, 33(10):1692-1696
- Detection rate based on panel inclusivity only, not a sensitivity/performance claim
- Pogue, JM, et al. (2018) Antimicrob Agents Chemother: 62(5):e02538-17
- Murray, P. et. al. (2012), Crit Care Med,Current Approaches to the Diagnosis of Bacterial and Fungal Bloodstream Infections for the ICU.